25 Celebrities Who’ve Run a Marathon

| comments

Here’s the result – CRN’s list of 25 Celebrities Who’ve Run a Marathon.

Celebrities Marathoners

meredith-baxter.jpg
Meredith BaxterFamily TiesNew York City Marathon
Joan ran her marathon in a very respectable 4:08:30. She’s gotta be a lot of people’s favorite TV moms. I think only Mrs. Cunningham from Happy Days is higher on my list. I think I like Joan even more than Mrs. C. now!
william-baldwin.jpeg
William BaldwinNew York City Marathon
In acting, he’s always been overshadowed by his brother Alec. But not as an athlete – this guy can really run. His 3:24:29 finish shows real talent!
anthony-edwards.jpg
Anthony EdwardsChicago Marathon
A girl I once dated said I looked like Anthony. I guess that’s better than what some of my friends have said – that I look like Monty Burns. At any rate, Anthony Edward’s time of 3:55:40 is pretty darn good.
david-james-elliot.jpg
David James ElliottJAGBoston Marathon
This Canadian star of JAG with his buff body looks like he should have run faster than 4:57:23. What do you think?
will-ferrel.jpg
Will FerrellBoston Marathon
He’s funny and fit. With a finish time of 3:56:12, Will Ferrell is a-ok in my books.
mario-lopez.jpg
Mario LópezSaved by the BellBoston Marathon
With a 5:41:41 finish time, I’m thinkin’ Mario was getting stopped along the way by a lot of female admirers – especially if he was runningwithout a shirt.
joan-van-ark.jpg
Joan Van Ark, Santa Ana 1979
Ya know, I always hated Joan Van Ark. Knot’s Landing and her character in particular drove me crazy. I dunno, maybe it’s a guy thing? Anyway, I have to say that, with a finish time of 3:35:00, I may have to change my assessment of Joan because she obviously rocks.
peter-weller-robocop.jpeg
Peter WellerNew York City Marathon
Showing machine-like determination, the Robocop himself got it done in 3:51:26.
freddy-prinze.jpg
Freddie Prinze, Jr.Los Angeles Marathon
Ok, he’s young, he’s buff. What’s up with the 5:50:49? Freddy, stop stoppin’ for the girls and show us what you can do!

TV Personality Marathoners

danni-boatwright.jpg
Danni Boatwright, Winner: Survivor: Guatemala, Nashville Country Music Marathon
I’m thinking I might have to find Survivor Guatemala on DVD. Danni did Nashville in 4:23:24.
lisa-ling.jpg
Lisa Ling, formerly of The ViewBoston Marathon
I hate The View (must be another guy thing) but I like Lisa. 4:34:18
oprah-winfrey.jpg
Oprah WinfreyMarine Corps Marathon
CRNs Anne wrote about Oprah’s influence on marathoners here. Whatever you think about Oprah, you have to hand it to her – she followed through on her program, met her goal and inspired a generation to get off the couch. 4:29:20

Musician Marathoners

p-diddy.jpg
P. Diddy (Sean Combs)New York City Marathon
P. Diddy’s goal was to beat Oprah and he had his Victory with a time of 4:14:54. Not bad. Not bad at all.
david-lee-roth.jpg
David Lee Roth, former lead singer of Van HalenNew York City Marathon
David Lee Roth was my high school hero. I don’t know if I’ll ever forgive Eddie, Alex and Michael for dumping him from Van Halen. About his 6:04:43 finishing time? I pretty much guarantee he stopped to grope flirt with every girl along the way.
bjorn-ulvaeus.jpg
Björn Ulvaeus, former member of Swedish bandABBAStockholm Marathon. Those Swedes have always had a reputation for being fit. ABBA’s Bjorn Ulvaeus is an obviously perfect example. Wow! Color me impressed. 3:23:54! I wonder if his mother knows?

Athlete Marathoners

lance-armstrong.jpg
Lance Armstrong, Seven-time Tour de Francechampion and triathlete, New York City Marathon
Well, way too much has been written aboutLance’s marathon debut. Anyone who can run a 2:59:36 is a pretty damn good runner in most people’s books. It remains to be seen just how good Lance can get. I guess we’ll get an idea when he runs his next marathon.
kerri-strug.jpg
Kerri StrugGymnastHouston Marathon.
Who could forget Kerri’s unbelievable display of courage and determination when she finished her Olympic gymnastics routine on a busted up ankle? With that kind of courage she’s obviously made for marathons and 4:12:06 ain’t nothing to sneeze at.
lynn-swann.jpg
Lynn Swann, former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiverNew York City
Lynn Swann was a true football great. What I like about his finishing time is it shows that great athletic achievement in one sport doesn’t necessarily equal greatness in another. His 4:26:21 finish = good but not great.

Politician Marathoners

george-bush.jpg
George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United StatesHouston Marathon
His 3:44:52 included the time he spent on the course searching for weapons of mass destruction – imagine if he’d just ran the damn thing.
michael-dukakis.jpg
Michael Dukakis, Former Governor ofMassachusettsBoston Marathon
I always thought he was kind of dweeby but, with a 3:31:00 finish time, there’s obviously more to him than meets the eye.
john-edwards.jpg
John Edwards, Former United States Senator,Marine Corps Marathon
Two politicians in a row in the 3:30s. John Edwards is a pretty good runner. I wonder if politicians make good runners because of the strong strong will and determination they develop from fighting all those long political battles? 3:30:18
al-gore.jpg
Al GoreVice President of the United States at the time, Marine Corps Marathon
Gore’s 4:58:25 isn’t very fast but at least he left a small environmental footprint while running it.
mikulas-dzurinda.jpg
Mikuláš Dzurinda, Prime Minister of Slovakia,Malokarpatsky Marathon
2:54:57! Wow! Mikulas is not just a runner – he’s an avid runner. With 13 marathons and a PR of 2:54:57, the Prime Minister of Slovakia puts his nation into Superpower status among all the other politicians. Not only that, he’s the fastest runner on this whole list – he even kicked Lance’s butt!

Model Marathoners

kim-alexis.jpg
Kim Alexis, model, New York City Marathon
Kim finished in 3:52:00. Ya know, I’ve always wanted to be a pace bunny for the 3:52:00 New York Marathon pace group.
ali-landry.jpg
Ali Landry, model, Boston Marathon
Ya know, I’ve also always wanted to be a pace bunny for the 5:41:41 Boston Marathon pace group.


Source: 
http://completerunning.com/archives/2007/06/18/famous-celebrity-marathon-runners/
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random Post

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Live.Laugh.Run - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Premium Blogger Template